Notes from Noah’s presentation:
- Cisco Investments believes innovation happens globally.
- Cisco’s corporate fund invests in businesses, acquires businesses, and even invests in VC funds.
- Recently acquired Splunk for $20B.
- They focus on enterprise software & infrastructure, data & analytics, and app dynamics.
- With Cisco’s platforms, founders get access to many sales people, engineers, and the possibility of being acquired. Cisco helps with GTM efforts, how to co-sell, and getting founders access to Fortune 500 companies as potential customers.
- The amount of time between generational shifts in tech is always accelerating. 3/4 of these shifts involve a change in UI. Cloud is the exception.
- We need net new technology development in how we interface with computers.
- Compute, data, trust
- Touched on predictive AI and model degradation.
Learn more about AI, VC, and startups, at inside.com.